- This event has passed.
ACES Editing Boot Camp, Las Vegas
September 26, 2013 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
If you’re an editor or edit as part of your job, the American Copy Editors Society offers a daylong “Editing Boot Camp” that can help you polish your skills. Each workshop is taught by knowledgeable and experienced presenters.
The Editing Boot Camp workshop covers the following topics:
- Why editing is important (and how to convince your bosses)
- Grammar and punctuation basics
- Commonly confused and misused words
- Elements of proofreading
- Clarity: smoothing out dense or garbled prose, streamlining copy
- Accuracy: checking facts and sources, ensuring charts/graphics are correct, identifying and filling in missing information
- Headlines: writing clear, informative display type in print and online (including SEO)
- Style: why you need a style guide
Presenters will be Mark Allen, ACES board, Mark Allen Editing; Karen Martwick, ACES board, Travel Portland; and Lisa McLendon, ACES vice president-membership, University of Kansas
This workshop is sponsored in part by:
Please register only once and be patient while the registration goes through.